 CAD / 15177
Re: LD4DStudio Beta 1 Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:07:47 GMT

mikeheide wrote:

1)
I tried this morning the minifig actor generator and it looks good.
But also if I do nothing after starting that tool the rotation of the minifig
stops after apprx. 5-6 seconds then all action stops on my machine and after
another 5-6 seconds the monitor goes black and came back after 1-2 seconds.
Then the minifig again rotates for 5-6 seconds etc. etc.

It seems that the grafic card causes this error because I have this behaviour
had also sometimes with LDView (OpenGL). So maybe no error in your prog.
But this will prevent me from working with the generator :(.
I have the feeling that it could depend on speed of turning parts in the OpenGL
window.

2)
I am right, that if I want to have a German version that I have to create a
"deutsch.xml" and give all that portion between <>xxx<> a good german
translation. I have tried two entries and it seems to work in this way.
But sometimes I got the error "incomplete" in LD4D for this file and can not
load it anymore. What will be checked there?

cu
mikeheide

The graphic issue sounds like a driver resetting problem. this can have
a number of reasons: Overheating, bad VGA memory, driver bug.

To prevent continues redraws of the minifig generator you can turn
rotating off by clicking the right mouse button and it's popup menu.

That way you card will be spared work wise. But if you have this problem
with other software and games I recommend upgrading you're card.

Language files are XML files in utf8 format. You can edit it with any
editor as long you don't use non standard letters (a..z). If you use
special characters like points on e or the double s you must make sure
you're editor saves as 'utf8'.

I was planning to create some sort of translate tool later on for
creating language files.

Roland