 CAD / 15176
Re: LD4DStudio Beta 1 Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:19:46 GMT

In lugnet.animation, Roland Melkert wrote:
Hello all,

Yesterday I finally finished the first Beta version of LD4DStudio.

Due to some server problems I had to wait one day to put it online, but
after almost five years what's another day :)

Besides the program itself I also wrote a complete manual, and prepared
8 sample project / animations to learn from.

Please note this is a beta version, so it may contain bugs. If you find
any problems please submit a bug report.

I plan to release new beta every couple of weeks, depending on bug
reports and feedback.

It's best to have a 1280x1024 resolution or higher, if you are using a
lower resolution please read the readme.txt in the samples directory for
more information.

You'll find the software and all information on

www.ld4dstudio.nl

I hope you like it, let me know what you think ether here or by email.

Greetings,

Roland

Hi,

1)
I tried this morning the minifig actor generator and it looks good.
But also if I do nothing after starting that tool the rotation of the minifig
stops after apprx. 5-6 seconds then all action stops on my machine and after
another 5-6 seconds the monitor goes black and came back after 1-2 seconds.
Then the minifig again rotates for 5-6 seconds etc. etc.

It seems that the grafic card causes this error because I have this behaviour
had also sometimes with LDView (OpenGL). So maybe no error in your prog.
But this will prevent me from working with the generator :(.
I have the feeling that it could depend on speed of turning parts in the OpenGL
window.

2)
I am right, that if I want to have a German version that I have to create a
"deutsch.xml" and give all that portion between <>xxx<> a good german
translation. I have tried two entries and it seems to work in this way.
But sometimes I got the error "incomplete" in LD4D for this file and can not
load it anymore. What will be checked there?

cu
mikeheide