 Animation / 908

Subject:
LD4DStudio Beta 1 Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:58:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello all,

Yesterday I finally finished the first Beta version of LD4DStudio.

Due to some server problems I had to wait one day to put it online, but
after almost five years what's another day :)

Besides the program itself I also wrote a complete manual, and prepared
8 sample project / animations to learn from.

Please note this is a beta version, so it may contain bugs. If you find
any problems please submit a bug report.

I plan to release new beta every couple of weeks, depending on bug
reports and feedback.

It's best to have a 1280x1024 resolution or higher, if you are using a
lower resolution please read the readme.txt in the samples directory for
more information.

You'll find the software and all information on

www.ld4dstudio.nl

I hope you like it, let me know what you think ether here or by email.

Greetings,

Roland

Re: LD4DStudio Beta 1 Release
In lugnet.animation, Roland Melkert wrote:
[...]

I just tried it, but I just failed during startup. I have send already a bug
report to your emailaddress.

I also just found out that if I open Info-About Window, I can not close it!
Ok I had to shoot it.

Starting again. Ask again for location of LDraw.
After I told the location I close the app.
Starging again. Now it recognize the LDraw location.
Open sample project "gate". It works, I can see it move. Great! BUT the gear's
center rotates much faster that it's teeth!? Looks strange!

If you have any more question regarding these mentioned bugs, please send me an
email. I like your work. LDraw starts moving the parts with your app.

cu
mikeheide

[...]

I do not have changed anythink, but now I am able to view every sample project.
Also the technic car!.

It looks like to better close the app after the first start immediately, so the
prog can store all necessary values in the proper place.

cu
mikeheide

Re: LD4DStudio Beta 1 Release
I just tried it, but I just failed during startup. I have send already a bug
report to your emailaddress.

I also just found out that if I open Info-About Window, I can not close it!
Ok I had to shoot it.

Starting again. Ask again for location of LDraw.
After I told the location I close the app.
Starging again. Now it recognize the LDraw location.
Open sample project "gate". It works, I can see it move. Great! BUT the gear's
center rotates much faster that it's teeth!? Looks strange!

If you have any more question regarding these mentioned bugs, please send me an
email. I like your work. LDraw starts moving the parts with your app.

cu
mikeheide

Thanks,

I did not get you're email (yet), but...

I will look into the ldraw dir initialization bug.

The about box should have a close 'X' in the right top, is that missing?
I will add 'escape key' closing to be sure.

The rotating error is because of a little mistake I made in the sample
project. It seems the bigger gear is rotating 3 times the speed of the
little one. It should off course be rotating at 1/3 speed.

You can correct that, if you want, by exchanging the gears of the two
axes in the mpd. Changing the speed alone will not work because of the
door dependency, I will correct the sample for the next beta.

[...]

Hi,

1)
I tried this morning the minifig actor generator and it looks good.
But also if I do nothing after starting that tool the rotation of the minifig
stops after apprx. 5-6 seconds then all action stops on my machine and after
another 5-6 seconds the monitor goes black and came back after 1-2 seconds.
Then the minifig again rotates for 5-6 seconds etc. etc.

It seems that the grafic card causes this error because I have this behaviour
had also sometimes with LDView (OpenGL). So maybe no error in your prog.
But this will prevent me from working with the generator :(.
I have the feeling that it could depend on speed of turning parts in the OpenGL
window.

2)
I am right, that if I want to have a German version that I have to create a
"deutsch.xml" and give all that portion between <>xxx<> a good german
translation. I have tried two entries and it seems to work in this way.
But sometimes I got the error "incomplete" in LD4D for this file and can not
load it anymore. What will be checked there?

cu
mikeheide

[...]

The graphic issue sounds like a driver resetting problem. this can have
a number of reasons: Overheating, bad VGA memory, driver bug.

To prevent continues redraws of the minifig generator you can turn
rotating off by clicking the right mouse button and it's popup menu.

That way you card will be spared work wise. But if you have this problem
with other software and games I recommend upgrading you're card.

Language files are XML files in utf8 format. You can edit it with any
editor as long you don't use non standard letters (a..z). If you use
special characters like points on e or the double s you must make sure
you're editor saves as 'utf8'.

I was planning to create some sort of translate tool later on for
creating language files.

[...]

Thanks for the hint with the popupmenu on rightclick in the minifig-genenerator
window. If it do not turn, I do not have the driver resetting problem and can
configure my minifig very well.
Also that this setting is stored for next time starting the application helps a
lot.

Because this is a might program it would be very, very useful to have a short
manual for a simple scene. The manual seems to be good, but there is so much
information, that if I had read one page after the other, I do not know what was
on the page before.

Maybe you can make such a Quickguide?

cu
mikeheide