 CAD / 14659
Re: Sticker Generator for LDRAW / MLCAD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:40:28 GMT

I have just tested your prog.

It seems to me that you put for every pixel one quad. This produces an
enormous amount of bytes in a file. There was already a prog that was
called bmp2dat.

If you could rearrange the quads that are direct beside into one bigger
quad, then I would use your prog also for official files. But in the way
it is now I can't do that (3MB filesize for example).

cu
mikeheide

Scott Wardlaw schrieb:
I would like to share my sticker generating tool, that I created to convert
bitmap images into flat part files (stickers / decals) for use in ldraw based
CAD programs and rendering programs.

Here is an example of what it can do:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2637508>

Here is a screenshot of the program:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2637509>

If you'd like to try it, I would really appreciate comments and suggestions for
improvement.  Also, I have included source code, so you can make your own
changes or make sure that it is indeed a safe program to use.  If you do make
changes, I would really appreciate you sending them to me.

Download in zip format from here:
<http://www.scottwardlaw.com/sticker_generator.zip>

Thanks,
Scott