 CAD / 14657
Re: Sticker Generator for LDRAW / MLCAD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 03:23:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Scott Wardlaw wrote:

   I searched and searched for a program that would do this and never found one. I was surprised that there wasn’t something, but it looks like I was wrong.

Don’t feel bad - the same thing happened to me when I wrote my script (except I didn’t really think to search much first). Shortly after releasing it, I discovered an even earlier effort on Lugnet. I think each implementation has its advantages, so we can be excused.

   You can absolutely put a link from you page to my download page. I’ll have to actually create a real page on my site and send it to you.

Sounds good.

   It looks like you have done more with colors and such. Would you mind if I incorporate some of your code into mine? If I have any thing that you can use, please use it.

Sure, you’re welcome to use anything you like from my code. If I ever get around to updating it again, I’ll definitely see if there’s anything I can use from yours!

   Have you asked LDRAW.org to include a link to your site?

No, not specifically. I did put a link to it in the LDraw wiki, but I think that’s sort of an experimental system so it’s not particularly visible.

   Thanks again, Scott

BTW, awesome truck!

Thanks! It’s a far cry from your rebuilt Camaro, but I like it. What I like to tell people now is that my next car is 60 years old - I have a ‘47 project car. Progress is slow, but building it from the ground up is going to be lots of fun.

Jim