 CAD / 12561
Re: Question for the LSC. Blanks in file names legal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 13:42:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:

  • Backslash (\) is used as the delimiter in path names.

You might want to take a look at 2593.dat (including the author ;-). (In your defense, that’s a really old file.)

Yah, I think that was the first official part with sub-part files.

   Having said that, most places in the parts library, backslash (\) is used as the delimiter in path names. However, there are some parts (2593.dat included) that use forward slash (/). DOS and Windows don’t care. Other operating systems have to convert all the backslashes to forward slashes (an extremely minor thing, especially when compared to supporting the case-insensitive clause).

I would suggest either explicitly stating that both are allowed, or thinking about updating those parts in the parts library that use forward slash.

I’d lean toward updating the files with ‘s/’ references to ‘s\’. The PT is definitely coded toward using only backslashes.

Steve