 CAD / 12552
Re: Question for the LSC. Blanks in file names legal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 12:25:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Is it legal to have blanks in file names in type 1 records?

I looked at

http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=45

and it does not specify.  I'd guess that LDRAW.EXE cannot handle them.

What is the LSC's position on this issue.

Kevin

As a followup question, at first read/reread, the document is a bit confusing.
The term "line" is overloaded.  In one case line means, text as it would be
viewed on a terminal, and in the other it is a graphical representation of what
mathemeticians call line segments.

As it reads we have triangle lines, quad lines, line lines, and conditional line
lines.  Is it just my dyslexic mind, or is this a bit confusing to others?

Can we choose a different word for the textual representation of said things?
Maybe text records?

Kevin