 CAD / 12553
Re: Question for the LSC. Blanks in file names legal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 12:44:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Is it legal to have blanks in file names in type 1 records?

No.  LDraw commands are space-delimited, so a filename containing blanks would
result in a 'Part' command with invalid formatting/syntax.  That is, it would
have too many parameters.

I looked at

http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=45

and it does not specify.

Hmm.  It should be more explicit on this point.  It should probably have a whole
section on naming LDraw files.

I'd guess that LDRAW.EXE cannot handle them.

Definitely not.  LDRAW.EXE can only handle 8.3 file names and directories.

What is the LSC's position on this issue.

<insert image from Bloom County, with three "commentators" (Opus, Portnoy and
Hodge Podge) taking positions>

Apparently, we don't have one. ;)  I'll work up something and post it.

Steve