 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3956
3955  |  3957
Subject:
Robo Quad - Stage Ten - Project Completed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2007 09:29:35 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Robo Quad - Stage Ten Completed
Final stage, project completed.

Robo Quad - Stage One notes
Robo Quad - Stage Two and Three notes
Robo Quad - Stage Four and Five notes
Robo Quad - Stage Six notes
Robo Quad - Stage Seven notes
Robo Quad - Stage Eight notes
Robo Quad - Stage Nine notes
Robo Quad - Stage Ten - Completed
Robo Quad - Main Gallery

ROBO QUAD

Robo Quad - Final Stage

ROBO QUAD - Technical Specifications

LEGO fully mechanical robot, built by Eric Sophie
aka: Legomaster

Construction Dates: approx. 5 months
Febuary 2007 - June 2007
7 years of collecting black LEGO to prepare

Primary method: TECHNIC, SYSTEM, Custom Elements
Beams, plates, bricks, axles, gears, wires, motors, bushings, pins.

LEGO Mini Figures: 1x (pilot)

Height: 24 in. toe to shoulder (front)
Width: 22 in. shoulder to shoulder (front)
Length: 70 in. nose to tail
Weight: unkown

Motors: 36x
25x high rpm
1x geared
6x racer style
1x micro
3x RC Unit servos

Power Source: 9V Battery
RC Mode: 26x 1.5V AA, 1x 9v
RCX Mode: 42x 1.5V AA, 1x 9v

Motor Control: Manually RC driven or RCX programmable
3x Radio control LEGO RACER units
1x RC LEGO Remote Controller
2x 8 channel RC 9v MUX*, *custom (Hitechnic)
2x RC Remote* Controller *custom
4x RCX Computer programmable
1x IR LEGO Remote Controller

Sensors: 17x, Vision Command, RCX, rotation, ultrasonic
10 Rotation (RCX)
1x Ultra sonic*, (RCX), * custom: (Hitechnic)
2x Vision Command Camera Sensor
4x R.I.S. RCX timer

Sensor scheme: Legs, spine, head (ultra sonic, sensor eye cams)

Lighting: 8x
x4 LED*, blue, UV *custom (Hitechnic)
2x LEGO Fiber optics
2x LEGO 9v lighting

Articulation: 29x
4x Wheels 68.8 x 36 tyres
12x, legs joints
1x spine joint
2x tail joints
3x neck/head/tilt joints
3x LEGO RC Unit servos, 3x 9v polarity switches
4x Internal spring return pivot mechanism

Features: Radio Controlled or Computer progammable
Manual / Programmable / Autonomous
Interactive / Video / Walking / Rolling

Functions:
3x LEGO RC RACER Controller modules
x2 9v 8 channel RC power MUX*, *custom (Hitechnic)
x1 9v Battery Box (6x 1.5v AA) RC power MUX, 9v polarity switches (ankle steering, neck lift)
4x Powered paw wheels, LEGO RC RACER remote controller, ch. 2, RC only
4x Ankle steering, LEGO RC RACER remote controller, ch. 3, RC only
4x Knee(4), RC MUX remote controller* #1, #2, *custom (Hitechnic) or RCX program
4x Shoulder(4), RC MUX remote controller* #1, #2, *custom (Hitechnic) or RCX program
4x Shoulder splay(4) (internal spring return mechanism) Self correcting / dynamic
2x Tail joint, RC MUX remote controller* #1, *custom (Hitechnic) or RCX program
1x Spine joint, RC MUX remote controller* #1, *custom (Hitechnic) or RCX program
3x Neck, head, tilt joint(s), LEGO RC RACER remote controller, ch. 1, RC only
1x Ultra sonic sensor*, * custom, RCX only
3x 9v polarity switches, LEGO RC RACER servo driven
3x LEGO RC RACER servos (ankle steering ch. 3, neck lift ch. 1, MUX), RC only
2x LEGO Fiber Optic Unit, 1x micro motor (driver)
15x worm gear driven TECHNIC turntables
2x Blue LED*, * custom (Hitechnic)
2x UV Light LED*, *custom (Hitechnic)
1x Dual bulb 1x4 LEGO 9v electric lighting element
2x LEGO MINDSTORMS Vision Command Sensor Camera, left/right eye(s)
4x LEGO MINDSTORMS Robotics Inventions System RCX, legs, tail, spine, sensors

ROBO QUAD

Built by: Eric Sophie - ESLC Copyright 2007

Robo Quad - Stage Ten - Project Completed
Robo Quad - Main Gallery

Eric Sophie