 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3898
3897  |  3899
Subject:
Robo Quad - Stage Four and Five
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:48:58 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Robo Quad - Stage One notes
Robo Quad - Stage Two and Three notes
Robo Quad - Stage Four and Five - Completed
Robo Quad - Stage Six - Work in Progress
Robo Quad - Main Gallery

Robo Quad

2 RC Racer Units power the wheels and ankle steering.
3 rd RC Unit will control the head and neck.
Mr. Jeeves comes and checks on me occasionally while I build.
Currently 25 Motors - 25 batteries.

Mouse over images for short descriptions.

Stage Four - Completed

Goals:

Spine Dual Gear Box Center mounted motor drives the spine’s dual worm tables Rotation Sensor monitors spine pivot Completed spine joint
  • Complete knee and shoulder “C” clamp reinforcements.
  • Finalize body demensions based on leg distance.
  • Create strong spine joint and surrounding connections.
  • Begin central body frame work and gang wire leads.
Front Legs Rear Legs RC Racer Unit 1 & 2 Spine Joint RC Racer Unit 3 ..working..

Stage Five - Completed

Goals:

Mr. Jeeves Legs Tail Idea Stand Test - Temp spine connection
  • Incorporate RC Units in to body design.
  • Combine spine joint with RC Units.
  • Blend shoulders to body - continue frame work.
  • Complete motor leads and RC controls.
RC Units 1 & 2 - wheels and ankle steering - Spine Joint - RC Unit 3 - head and
neck control Main Body Rear legs attached Wires wires wires! ...and it’s “Wireless” ha!

Stage Six - Ready

Robo Quad - Stage Six - Upright position

Robo Quad - Main Gallery

Eric Sophie