 Announcements / 3252
Important: Index rebuild under way and some other issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:15:35 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

we are currently rebuilding the indexes of the LUGNET news server. This affects
display and performance of the news web pages, but does not affect the NNTP
access. We expect rebuild to complete by about 7 a.m. EDT, and reported search
issues will hopefully be resolved afterwards.

Also, we have been notified that some users may access the NNTP server using
port 8000. This is currently not supported and you are encouraged to move over
to using the "official" port 1119. If and when port 8000 will become available
again will be subject to another announcement.

We have received reports about some news headers no longer being set as they
used to be, the X-Real-Life header in particular (which is important for the
display behavior of posts written by registered users). This has been resolved
and should work fine after the reindexing is complete. Please note that the
posts created between June 17, 5:45 a.m. EDT and June 19, 3:00 a.m. EDT
(approx.) will not be corrected in terms of the X-Real-Life headers.

If you experience other unexpected behavior, please continue to let us know.

Thanks,

Jerry