 Administrative / General / 13546
Re: Important: Index rebuild under way and some other issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:25:17 GMT

Just to keep you all updated,

the rebuild of the search index is still under way - apparently there is quite a
lot to index after about 8 years of service ;-)

It seems that the issues some of you reported will be gone after the rebuild
completes. Normal article browsing (and posting) already works fine and the
search results that are returned right now look promising as well. Also, the
rebuild does not seem to have any negative effects on server performance.

Please keep us updated about any observations you make. It looks like we are
really close to a normal state of service again.

Thanks,

Jerry