 Administrative / General / 13548
Re: Important: Index rebuild under way and some other issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:13:27 GMT

Ok, my apologies - I've learned a bit about history and news server ports used
by LUGNET :-)

Okay, from now on, ports 119, 1119, 8000 and 8080 are operational for NNTP
access again. I will be monitoring usage of the individual ports and if I find
any of them unused I will shut those down for security reasons again. I've heard
virtually noone uses the "standard" NNTP port much, but I'll let time show...

Just to be sure: If you can, please try to always use port 1119. Only if this
does not work, try 8000, 8080 or 119 (in that order please).

Thanks,

Jerry