 Announcements / 3251
This is it: We're moving!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 14:29:39 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello everyone,

this is the "last warning":

I will be switching servers tonight (CEST), if all goes well, the switchover
will take effect around midnight CEST which will be around 6 p.m. Eastern Time
in the U.S. (Daylight Savings Time of course ;) )

The news server (NNTP) will close down at exactly 12 midnight CEST. Same applies
to all background jobs running on the old machine. A last transfer of all data
from the old box will happen immediately afterwards.

Based on experience, I expect the _new_ news server to go online around 15
minutes later, so NNTP access should become possible again as soon as your
clients see the new IP address (which should happen fairly quickly depending on
your local ISP).

Please refrain from posting to lugnet newsgroups after 11:45 p.m. CEST / 5:45
p.m. Eastern Time (U.S.), and please do not change your member data after that
time as well.

Everything should be up and running again about 1 hr later at the latest - the
web pages should be reachable all the time, but you may not always be able to
update your records or post articles.

PLEASE NOTE: During the first 24hrs of the service running on the new machine,
there may be minor delays when posting new articles. This may be due to a couple
of scripts needing to be adjusted after we switch servers. If you notice
anything else that does not work as expected, please do not hesitate to let me
know by email.

Keep fingers crossed ;-)

Regards,

Jerry