 Year / 2001 / 407
Re: LEGO Theatrical "trailer"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:16:14 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Eric Joslin writes:

I guess it's all about setting your expectations correctly when deciding what
movie to see.  I wasn't expecting American Beauty or Fight Club (both of which
really had something to say, IMHO).  I wasn't even expecting Raiders of the
Lost Ark or Die Hard.  I was just expecting to have a laugh and a good time,
and I did.

  Taste is, of course, an individual matter, but since the movie was
attempting to be about D&D, it was beholden in large measure to the spirit
of the game.  As you yourself point out, the "writer" never played the game,
so right out of the blocks something is amiss.  That would be like me
writing the Harry Potter script without having read any of the books.
  Having said that, I have to say that Fight Club was one of the most
overblown, overdone, and overlong pieces of film I've ever seen.  (But
again, taste is an individual matter.)

    Dave!

FUT OT.FUN