 Year / 2001 / 382
Subject:
LEGO Theatrical "trailer"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 19:20:10 GMT

Hey all....

(I am placing this in lugnet.year.2001 only because there is no lugnet.studios
group- since it's moved into a full-blown theme, should there be one?)

I went to the movies on Saturday night to see "Dungeons and Dragons".  Before
the movie starts- in fact, before the Coming Attractions trailers- there are
ad-type trailers.  One of these was a "trailer" for Dinocop, telling you where
to download it, and informing you that you could be "part of movie history"
with LEGO Studios.

This is the first time I have seen this trailer.  It is defintely not a direct
transfer of the TV ad- the content and format were different.  It is worth
noting that I go to the movies *a lot*, although not as much as I once did.
Anyway, though this was the first time I saw this trailer, it did tell you
you'd have to wait until November 7th, which I found odd.

Anyway, it was pretty cool to see it up on the big screen.

eric

Re: LEGO Theatrical "trailer"
(I am placing this in lugnet.year.2001 only because there is no lugnet.studios
group- since it's moved into a full-blown theme, should there be one?)

I went to the movies on Saturday night to see "Dungeons and Dragons".  Before
the movie starts... [there] was a "trailer" for Dinocop, telling you where
to download it, and informing you that you could be "part of movie history"
with LEGO Studios.

Anyway, it was pretty cool to see it up on the big screen.

  Were the special effects better in the movie or in the Lego trailer?

     Dave!

Re: LEGO Theatrical "trailer"
Were the special effects better in the movie or in the Lego trailer?

I'd have to say in the movie.  Yes, I've seen better, but it wasn't bad.

eric

Re: LEGO Theatrical "trailer"
Were the special effects better in the movie or in the Lego trailer?

I'd have to say in the movie.  Yes, I've seen better, but it wasn't bad.

  A movie like that really has big shoes to fill, since it's competing
against the imagination of millions (?) over 25+ years!  Anything they tried
would be bound to disappoint some viewers, I suppose, but I'm glad to hear
it wasn't too bad...

     Dave!

Re: LEGO Theatrical "trailer"