 Year / 2001 / 406
Re: LEGO Theatrical "trailer"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:57:59 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Erik Olson writes:

CNN.com: Dumb & dreadful - "...so poorly executed, you start to feel like
you're
watching the world's most expensive script run-through."

<snip>

Blah, blah, blah.

I will freely admit it wasn't the best movie in the world.  But I had a really
good time at the movies that night, and it wasn't *in spite* of the movie I
saw, it was because of it (and, having seen both Bats and Supernova in the
theatre, I do know the difference).

Jeremy Irons overacted.  But it was fun to watch.  Marlon Wayans was
ridiculous.  But it was fun to watch.  The main evil henchman had blue lips for
no good reason.  But it was fun to watch.  Etc, etc, etc.

I guess it's all about setting your expectations correctly when deciding what
movie to see.  I wasn't expecting American Beauty or Fight Club (both of which
really had something to say, IMHO).  I wasn't even expecting Raiders of the
Lost Ark or Die Hard.  I was just expecting to have a laugh and a good time,
and I did.

eric