 Western/Wild West / 679
Re: Zorro
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:16:24 GMT

"Dave Lovelace" <dave@umop.com> wrote:

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jon Furman writes:

At first I thought the pictures needed color correcting for being too
yellow, but it actually works great in this case!  Looks like it's shot
through a filter to give everything a hot, dusty, desert lighting.  Very
effective!

It annoyed the hell out of me for about 10 seconds when looking at the first picture,
but then it was just like I was watching a film from cirka 1960 with technicolor all
over it. I'm sure if you did a motion picture on this set you'd shoot it just like
those great movies of the late 1950s and early 1960s in full technicolor and where
the acting is just so not 1970s and the colours just so bright in off colours. I
think that when the world of tv went to colour about 1967 this would have been just a
tad too dark for tv broadcast.

Wonderful constructions, too, for such a short assembly time!

I liked the round 1x1s sticking out of every floor and ceiling of the buildings, a
very nice touch.

Looking at this as stills from a movie set, after about 10 pictures I sort of
expected a few mistakes in spots, like a boom mike or a car in the distance. You
could put up a couple of pictures, where the director screams cut and asks that Zorro
removes his wristwatch. And another where a running scene has to be redone because
the a van in visible in the background.

-breiler