 Western/Wild West / 622
Re: Zorro
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 02:30:56 GMT

Bruce, Good eye!  The Torso is a Tusken raider torso, and here is the trick:
Like a lot of the star wars torsos, it happens to be double sided!  So in
that pic you are actually seeing the front and the back of a tusken raider
torso.  I was really pleasantly surprised when I took them out of the
package because the torso was the entire reason I bought the set, and then
to get variety on top of that was a huge bonus.  I am a Wild West guy who
dabbles in other themes (esp castle) so whenever I see something new I
visualize it in a Wild West setting.  The saddlebags are from the old
Fabuland sets.  the Motorcycles had them as did a few of the animals.  If
you are looking for some, they are pretty widely available on bricklink and
they run around 1.50.  I believe they only come in those two colors. (isn't
it great when you findout about new pieces, I just about died when I saw
them for the first time, and then I found out that they had been around for
like 20 years!)  Thanks again  sorry for rambling.  Jon

In lugnet.western, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jon Furman writes:

Hey Jon,

Great work!  I really think those adobe buildings come out good (where you
use either white or tan and then have brown 1x1s sticking vertically to
headlight bricks.  That's a great idea.
Question.  In this picture:
the guy on the left is a Tusken Raider torso, but the guy on the right is
like you took most of the pockets and the little breather piece off of a
Tusken Raider torso.  What is this torso from?  Or is this a modified Tusken
torso?
Also, how did you do the horsebags?

Bruce