 Trains / Train Organizations / 1764 (-20)
  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Boo;-) it's pretty long odds against NALUG turning into (or adopting) an (...) No need to do anything drastic; but wouldn't it be fun (when you do do your next train show) if you had a club logo to use as a collective wink to the crowd? (I'm (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) I guess we are in the same position as NALUG, we just arn't train focused enough and probably won't be creating a train only sub group any time soon. I did proactively register www.neltc.org just in case but even if we did use it my guess is (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Yeah, you better D&R, buddy. :) I'm sure NALUG would be perfectly willing to adopt an LTC, if only we hadn't just invested in these shirts....<GRIN> Fun aside, it's pretty long odds against NALUG turning into (or adopting) an LTC; We just (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Careful - those might be fightin' words to Mr. Neal... <grin> (For those who don't know, John has a shirt printing business.) (...) Are you looking for 'sticker' sheets, or 'decal' sheets? I have used decal sheets from Walthers ((URL) worked (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Well, the logos are-- they are now a part of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) (...) Yes. I use AI on a Mac. Will do. -John (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Alps is still around...they make OEM printer stuff for cash registers and other things...they just stopped making the retail printer series (sadly). Luckly, supplies are almost unlimited...many eBay Alps sellers also have websites for (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Egad Egli-- iron-ons?? When it comes time to get shirts, LMK. I know a screenprinter who'll cut you a deal;-) I like the SP logo for a club such as yours because it shows the tracks disappearing off into the sunset, signifying the westernmost (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Thank you John...that means a lot coming from *you*! 8?) (...) I saw that...see my other message for a request. Matt (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) D'oh! The Santa Fe...why didn't I think of that? You can't turn around in So. Cal. without seeing that logo...but are they defunct? John, are your files vector art (I'm guessing yes)? If so, could I get you to e-mail me the WP logo with wings? (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Aha! You used the past tense "made", Matt-- I had heard a rumor that ALPS went out of business, but it seems that they still have a web site. Know anything I don't? -John (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) lol, well, I think that I actually *contributed* to the differing versions of the NGLTC logo-- the one I posted was a flat version I created of the raised logo from the web site.... JT, I could easily adapt the SR logos dimensions to yours if (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Alps made their own decal paper...just check eBay...supplies are easily had there. HTH, Matt (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Heh... Why? If you're being true to the industry standard, having logo inconsistencies is all part of the fun. :) <GD&R> James (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Those I LIKE A LOT! The ones John posted (thanks for the help) are really cool because they have that traditional look(?) and don't require lots of color (black is very cheap for my printer), and will be easy to print up iron-ons for shirts. (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) S'not a problem...you're welcome! Did you see the variation logos I posted to Brickshelf later last night? One has the WP wings and the other is the beginning of a Zephyr design. Matt (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

Matt, I've submitted the proposed logos to the other club members and I hope to hear back by tonight or tomorrow. Many thanks you and John Neal for your help! Robert (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

Actually the logo used on the shirt (and black & white print) is much more true to the SR logo by having both circles. The one John has displayed we've used for some color print items and it uses a color difference instead of an actual inter circle. (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) I'll talk to JT about it. (...) Agreed. I created a new one and took out the proposed SCLTC one. (...) Okay. I'll post it and stick the FRISCO one in the proposed folder. -John (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) lol But of course! That's why we're doing them:-) I created a folder of fallen flags that I thought might interest your club: (URL) think any one of these logos could be adapted and look really cool. If you see one that strikes your fancy, LMK (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) worked. I'll post them into an ideas folder on my Brickshelf page. -John (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact