 Trains / Train Organizations / 1614 (-20)
  SCLTC to hold meeting this Saturday

For All in the Southern California Region, The Southern California LEGO Train Club will be holding a meet this Saturday, Sept. 15. Our meeting will held at Robert Powell's place and instruction how to get there are posted on lugnet.trains.org.scltc (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: North Georgia LEGO Train Club displaying at Flowery Branch Depot

I've had a few people write me and ask if this event is still being held this weekend, and yes it is. The weather is supposed to be nice so give your eyes, mind and heart a break from the news and come out and enjoy a nice small town festival. jt (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: New Train Club Founded-- Twin Cities LEGO Train Club (TCLTC)

Wow, very cool John. I'd love to see some pictures of what you have built so far. It will be interesting to see how the club's layout works with a "true" modular mentality in LEGO. I'm guess that it will be designed for 8 wide of course. Good luck (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  New Train Club Founded-- Twin Cities LEGO Train Club (TCLTC)

Although I am a member of the Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club, I am forming a sister club called the Twin Cities LEGO Train Club. This club will differ from the GMLTC in that it will be a truly modular club, with members providing their own modules (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: LUG / Train Club Meeting in Arkansas

I'm still in...I just want to let the dust settle from the catastrophies before I start attending. Go ahead and email me a map too. -Rob (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ar, lugnet.org.us.tennlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  North Georgia LEGO Train Club displaying at Flowery Branch Depot

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club ((URL) will be displaying a layout at the Flowery Branch 2001 Fall festival, in Flowery Branch Georgia ((URL) on September 15th. We will be hosting our display inside of the town's renovated train depot. "The (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: Pictures from NCLTC Layout at the So. Junction Model Train Show

"Nicholas Allan" <n_l_allan@REMOVECAP...vista.net> wrote in message news:GJG7F1.DEI@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) were (...) I am not sure what happened there but I get the same result. As I recall, this is the link I intended to post: (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

  Re: Pictures from NCLTC Layout at the So. Junction Model Train Show

In lugnet.trains.org, Nicholas Allan writes: ... (...) The monorails didn't accelerate at all (or decelerate much going up the spiral) thanks to LEGO's cog drive on the monorail motor. One battery has lasted two shows for my black+yellow 4 car (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

  Re: Pictures from NCLTC Layout at the So. Junction Model Train Show

(...) layout (...) newspaper (...) include (...) Did you have any problems with the monorails accelerating really quickly down the hill and shooting off the side or anything? How many monorail trains did you have? It appears that every time I look (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.town)

  Re: Pictures from NCLTC Layout at the So. Junction Model Train Show

In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek writes: ... (...) The building has 1400 grey ladders. Most of them came from 133 service packs from Europe, the rest I already had. That building also has: - 900 grey 1x2 grilles - 400 grey 1x2 tiles w/ one stud (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

  RE: Pictures from NCLTC Layout at the So. Junction Model Train Show

Mike Pics look great! Sorry to here about the light crowd, we had planned on making it up from Charleston, but.........sorry we could not make it. I like the gray covered hopper, I know it was posted before but forgot to comment. Thanx, Mark Millère (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) Ya, I forgot about the UK... If and when they sent a car over we could worry then. As for US/Canada interfacing, not that I am advocating smuggling, mind you, but one COULD just mail it to someone in a border town and have them drive across (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from NCLTC Layout at the So. Junction Model Train Show

(...) Thanks SO MUCH for making the pics available quickly. I appreciate it. Looks like a great layout. (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

  Re: Pictures from NCLTC Layout at the So. Junction Model Train Show

Great pictures. Man, thats a "buttload" of grey small ladders on that skyscraper, very cool. It took me a few minutes to figure out what the windows were made with. Looks cool. jt In lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, Mike Walsh writes: <snip> (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

  Pictures from NCLTC Layout at the So. Junction Model Train Show

This weekend the North Carolina LEGO Train Club (NCLTC) displayed our layout at the Southern Jumction Model Train Show. We were a little short handed but all worked out well in the end - our layout was a hit with the crowd, which was unfortunately a (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) 6 wide does seem best right now for roving rolling stock... (...) This is good unless we have to ship it to the UK or someplace horrid. Being in Canada the groups would have to be instructed on exactly how to fill out a Customs form so as not (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

Larry, I did see a picture of you car and a few of the others in this shot: (URL) I don't see the NGLTC one, it must have been before the GFLTC car. jt (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) I don't believe any formal specs have been laid down. Dan did say in the post at the top of this string to stay within certain boundaries and to go for ruggedness rather than fanciness. The MichLTC car uses a drop center wagon plate (no (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) Are there any build specs for the Ambassador cars? 6 wide? 8 wide? How high? etc... This would be both good for groups that want to build cars and who want to ensure there are clearances for the cars on their layouts. Dean (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) One thing I thought of after posting this, now that we have some club or another having a show most every month, maybe we could send ALL the ambassador cars directly from one club to the next instead of each club sending their own in and (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact