 Trains / Train Organizations / 1578
Re: Are LEGO "Train" Clubs endanger of becoming LEGO "Town" Clubs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 02:14:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, Frank Filz writes:
<snip well thought out post>

Agreed.

See also

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/org/?n=1380

I am on the "the layout is a stage to showcase the trains" side of the fence
but can happily coexist with townies who just want to build buildings as
long as they let me have a say in how the layout  trackage) gets laid out so
that the trains operate well.

What is so great is that with a little balancing lots of factions are all
able to participate and make GREAT contributions.

What an interesting debate....personally I was a "townie" before ever buying
a train set.....but I think that was due to financial considerations when
I was younger.....

now adays, my budget is more heavily spent on Trains.... and I should be
finally train complete (as far as the major sets go) very shortly.  Don't
have either the large red train station (2150) or yellow one (4554).
Would probably get the 2150 over the 4554, so I could be red station complete.
I have the juniorized station (4556), the 7822, and the 7824.
The 7822 was modified for the last Toronto Train Event this weekend (and a
monorail transfer station was added).

I think in the near future, my budget will go back to town, because there
is only so many train sets you can get....and because I want to have an
uninterupted row of sets from 6374 to 6399.  There are a few I need to get
to have this accomplished....
the older pre-80's sets (6383, and 6390), 6394 (victory lap raceway),
6396 (international jetport), 6397 (gas n wash express).
Of course, my local group is half made up of train enthusiasts and the other
half are mindstorm/technic/robotic enthusiasts.  There are also a few others...
but thats the division of the group.
If you really ask me...town can hold its own....Train just makes it a whole
lot more FUN!!!!

Benjamin Medinets