 Trains / Train Organizations / 1154 (-20)
  Re: ICLTC

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) What he said. The organisation is a great idea, but I'd rather see Congress than Brotherhood. Why be gratuitously exclusive when it's not necessary? Does this include clubs which don't call themselves LTC's but (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: IBLTC

(...) Wow, that's kind of surprising to hear. I've been meaning to ask, as this thread has unfolded... Are women allowed in LEGO train clubs, or is it a boys-only thing? --Todd (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: IBLTC

(...) Count me in, and I agree with James (and your original idea) that IBLTC is the way to go. Has the train nature. ++Lar (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: GMLTC

(...) Exactly. However much you got hammered, I think it would have been worse if you hadn't been upfront about it. That's my thinking anyway. (...) Again, exactly right. If the market (interested people) is there, more than one group can be created (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC

(...) Thanks for you kindness but FYI my name is spelled KAI not the car company. (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: IBLTC

This is a great idea! Sign me up or tell me where to join... Robin Werner Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: TeenLTC?

I would be up to that seeing that the MICHLTC has been gobbled up by Larry Industires. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: IBLTC

Sounds good to me, I've often wonder what other clubs are asking from the shows. And I agree that with the proven popularity of LTCs at shows that promoters are willing to pay reasonable amounts to have them there. Count me in. jt -- James J. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: TeenLTC?

(...) OK I am confused... I thought that Kai was posting because he thought that GMLTC was inappropriate because it only covered Minnesotta not the Midwest. I didn't think the argument was about age restrictions at all. Isn't Kai a member of MILTC? (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  TeenLTC?

There's been posts by people about not being able to join an LTC because of age requirements. Maybe we should form a "Teen LTC", like the model railroading teen club? I could develop a website at nbci.com (free server, could use other servers too). (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC

(...) Why are you so mad about not being able to be a member, maybe you "just don't qualify". (...) What if they change the color or background or something (add the "ding", as Vanilla Ice Said on MTV, "its not the same")? Then it wouldn't be your (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: IBLTC

(...) Well thats one of the great things about pairlist. You can add yourself and set your options as you wish. It's very easy and simple and its also easy to make sure only members post to it. I manage one and I like it a lot. (...) Definitly, (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: IBLTC

"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:G9E3B1.8H5@lugnet.com... (...) not a (...) Okay, I created ibltc@pairlist.net as well so now we can decide and I'll remove which ever we don't want. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: IBLTC

(...) James,as a proud member of a union (U.A. Local 704 Fire Sprinklers Detroit) international brotherhood sounds good.As a founding member of MILTC i would like to offer my services to this venture.CWLeach (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: IBLTC

"sebarile-MOBL" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:G9E2pn.748@lugnet.com... (...) icltc@pairlist.net has been created, I will follow up with more data regarding sign up once it filters through the system. Mike -- Mike Walsh - (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: GMLTC

Yes, our rule has always been no minors. We drink a beer with dinner now and again, we talk about mature subjects... all in the context of... I don't ever want to face the day where I stand accused by a minor for anything and I mean this in the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: IBLTC

(...) I think I would perfer IBLTC, because the train unions are typically "International Brotherhood of...". I know that the Live Steamers use IBLS (International Brotherhood of Live Steamers). It functions as a volentary overview of the hobby, (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: IBLTC

Great, Fire it up! First one done wins! I have no preferences. Add me to the list and anyone else chime in. We'll need some loose rules, like... 1 or 2 per club - huge groups are hard to come to concenses. It's more for announcements to be filtered (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: IBLTC

(...) I also think it's an excellent idea, and I sure someone (me or someone else) from NALUG would be interested in participating. The GATS/Greenburg thing doesn't do us much good, since all the shows up here seem to be independant, but I still (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: GMLTC

(...) Well because you posted the question and referance NELUG twice I thought I should respond. First I hope you don't think NELUG ever lied or tried to cover up the fact that we had an over 18 rule. Quite the opposite in fact which I think is why (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact