 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 801 – 820 of about 8700.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Thinking of selling my entire 9V collection

After _TWICE_ _agreeing_ terms (price, shipping & insurance) with ME last week. I got this form him yesterday morning: "Scott, my mum has told not to sell the trains, and they are packed away ready for the move." Now I'm told, by ME, 2 of the sets I (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) My solution was to add a resistor over them (picture later). Yes the lowest is 2.9V. By adding a resistor over them all makes i affect the higher settings more than the lower ones. This is right for less that 2.9V is not enough for the motor (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: matching motor speeds on mutli-motor trains

(...) In 12V days there was a service pack available with extra rubber tires if your original ones (from the 12V motor) perished or were otherwise damaged. This service pack is now highly prized as it's been out of prod for 20ish years. I am 2000 (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: R;I am looking for same US trains set

3225 should not be too hard, perhaps you could make a quick trip to Germany?? It's still being sold. 4558 will be a challenge unless you're willing to pay around 300-350 USD. It's the most coveted 9V and been out of production for several years. (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: This is odd...

In all fairness. the LEGO® train motor does not have that much inherent tractive effort to begin with...hence the addition of rubber traction tires on the wheels. The train motor was designed to pull only their assigned train cars within a set (i.e. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

Mike Walsh posted a link on the ILTCO list which has a much cleaner image. (URL) It appears that the dummy engine on the ICE train is 6 studs shorter then the working engine. They used a lt grey curved slope to fill in a gap. A small detail I hadn't (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: Favorite Lego Train?

Seems to me, as if we people in good old Europe have a little different view on trains (exept from James Mathis of course). Like Arjen, most of my frieds like the trains from the early 80ies most. I'm of the opinion 1983 was the greatest year for (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Thanks to Terry Cruse and Ali V.

Those two guys responsible for the last two 9V Train sets I needed to be complete. My 4564 arrived Monday, and I just picked up my 4547 Club Car from the PO this afternoon. Much thanks to Terry and Ali, I wasn't sure I'd ever locate (or afford) (...) (26 years ago, 4-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: No LEGOFest...

Here in Australia, Lego Trains are a joke. Seeing this thread made me register from my Work PC. The newest Offering from Lego (the blue thing that isnt sure of what it is exactly) costs RRP of $350 from Lego themselves, the cheapest I've seen is on (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) I'm intrigued by this. I did a similar experiment using a 8.4v NiCad Battery and a monorail train. Whenever the train was stopped at the station, some metal brushes would contact between the the battery and track side connections. Thus (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) actuly the ironic thing is lego is producing something like you described for the 2007 lineup. the dinosar and grader have an ir motor controler with a seperate motor and battery pac. the only down side is it's uncompatable with the old 9v (...) (18 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: hogwarts

(...) This question pops up from time to time in this newsgroup. A quick search on keywords "motorize hogwarts express" reveals two previous treads where you'll find some more detailed and additional information on the subject: (URL) The Lego (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: Advice needed...

(...) I'm not sure what blue 12V track sells for but I know it's not worth a small fortune. The trains are far more expensive than the track. (...) I agree, it's only fun to have a 12V track if you have a lot of the remote controlled pieces. If you (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

"Chris Phillips" <drvegetable@comcast.net> wrote in message news:JC9n2r.94C@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) NCLTC has run 3 shows which have lasted longer than a month so we have some experience with this. In addition to wear on the motors, (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: Thinking of selling my entire 9V collection

(...) I haven't interacted with M.E. on this sale, but it would sure upset me if M.E. did to me what M.E. did to you! :-( In lugnet.trains, Michael Edwards writes: (...) Michael, I'm guessing from the "mum" statement that you're probably not old (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: How to start on Lego(r) trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

I followed this discussion: fantastic waste of words and webspace! I love it. Oké, my suggestion to make up between you two: Larry: you design a neat small automatic track-sweaper, to be mounted on a 9V motor, frontside of course.... Building not (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: Got NMRA?

In lugnet.trains.org, John Gerlach writes:<snip>What should James do to (...) PNLTC invariably conducts workshops at venues, especially GATS as they pay $10 a session and it's a gimme. We call it "Care and Feeding of LEGO-brand Trains." Spend 5 (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: Now what?

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:H087EE.5yI@lugnet.com... (...) The shift from the old 9v models being loosely based on European prototypes to the new ones being based on US prototypes is I believe due to the fact that LD (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) If I’m reading this right your suggesting changing the track system in it's entirety and replacing it with something similar to HO flex track. While in theory this is a sound idea it has 1 major flaw, children. Lego after all is a children’s (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) There's still no definite answer. LEGO might not be willing to commit themselves. Think about it - if they said they'll supply 9V track forever, they can't keep that promise. If they say they'll make it for 2 more years, there'll be uproar (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.207)

More:  Next Page >>