 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 561 – 580 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Brickworld - Esther Walner Memorial Charity Auction

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover 2010: Bricks In Space Brickworld is only a couple weeks away and you are helping us set records with this year's event already with a massive 795 registered attendees. While this is incredible, the one record (...) (14 years ago, 2-Jun-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

save
(score: 0.920)

  Re: Train tracks and Xmas model

(...) Yes the track can be modified although it would make more sense to just order 9v track and save the nightmare. If you want to run newer 9v train cars on 4.5v track there shouldn’t be much problem as long as you have a 4.5v train motor pulling (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

save, 9v
(score: 0.918)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry (and more on church)

(...) Here are a few more pics I found by just iterating the numbers on Peter's images.. (you may find some dead spots but just keep iterating. there's lots to see besides just my stuff. In particular, take a gander at Tony's neato streetlights, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

save, 9v
(score: 0.915)

  Re: HP Hogwarts Express and normal 9V trains?

(...) internal (...) the (...) but (...) of a (...) Must (...) I'm thinking it's probably because the set had to do *something* to ahve some play value, and this is the best that they could come up with. I think they should have just made it a real (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.915)

  HP Hogwarts Express and normal 9V trains?

Hi All, now that  4708 Hogwarts Express is available (in USA via S@H and some stores) can someone please answer me this. Why on earth did LEGO not make this amazing train compatible with the existing 9V train sets? What were they thinking?!? It (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.913)

  RE: HP Hogwarts Express and normal 9V trains?

Actually, the instructions show outlines of the 4 trucks being removed and replacing them with the new trucks and motor. Therefore, somebody not familiar with trains may have a hard time. They DO NOT show the assembly of the trucks or motor. Thanx, (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.913)

  Re: So where is everyone at? What is the new LEGO Train Fan site

(...) Eh? Just posting that there is 3 sets for the summer for Trains: Train Station Passenger Train and Cargo Train woot!!! Ben (11 years ago, 8-Jan-14, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.913)

  Re: So where is everyone at? What is the new LEGO Train Fan site

(...) I suspect that the lurk-to-post ratio on LUGNet is actually skewed toward the posters, compared to other online fora. Plus, you left out the 142 people who are subscribed by email to lugnet.trains. So the problem is worse than you think. Steve (11 years ago, 6-Jan-14, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.912)

  Re: Pictures of 8mm:1ft scale trains

(...) Even on British trains (more so on American), the wheels are less visible than with 6-wide Lego trains due to the vehicles being wider than the track. For some of the engines I haven't been able to put the wheels where they should be due to (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.911)

  Re: So where is everyone at? What is the new LEGO Train Fan site

(...) Railbricks - Forums (URL) - LEGO Train MOCs (928 Members) (URL) - LEGO Train MOCs: Layouts and dioramas (172 Members) (URL) - LEGO Train Builders (270 Members) (URL) - LEGO Train Tech - Comprehensive Train Resource (URL) Reviews: (URL) - CITY, (...) (11 years ago, 29-Dec-13, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.911)

  Re: Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors?

(...) Being British I'm not too familiar with American trains (yet), Though I know about the multiple engines in real life. I would intend to triple head trains in a similar way when I have made enough American engines! The motor duty limitation is (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.908)

  Re: train motor stopping

(...) Hi Allan, check out this posting (URL) lots of the other postings in this whole thread. I think you will find the answer to your question there. Leg Godt! Ben P.s.: In the end you might be more of another victim of the "Super Friction (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.907)

  Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors?

I've seen the DCC mod some people have made to motors, and read about the overheating problem. Does DCC provide smooth DC to the motor or PWM? If it's PWM, the motor will heat up twice as much as usual. I once tried a 9V train motor with a 12V (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.907)

  Re: Toy Story Train comments?

(...) I built a coal car over a 9v motor, and tried it out on a circle of track. It had serious problems running while pushing the engine in front of the motor. I tried adding some straights in to make an oval so it'd have a couple stretches without (...) (14 years ago, 3-Jun-10, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 0.907)

  Re: Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors?

Mark Bellis wrote: > I've seen the DCC mod some people have made to motors, and read about > the overheating problem. the overheating is not due to the use of PWM, but because the task asked from those motors was too great. why do you think long (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.907)

  12v Trains

Since I decided to go the hard route and not go with 9v trains, how am I going to power them? (My primary reason for choosing 12v over 9v is the availability of remote points and accessories.) I believe Lego made a 12v transformer for 110 (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.905)

  Re: Worn out Train wheels?

(...) Hello, To all train builders ! Ok, So we have had a fare bit of a talk about 9v train wheels, and their problems. But I have a few 12v wheels and 7750 wheels that I like to run on 9v track.Do any of you know how to make 12v wheels go better ? (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

9v, trains
(score: 0.904)

  Re: Toy Story Train comments?

(...) Technically this engine has very ordinary articulation. The "driver" bogey uses a standard 4x6 bogey plate, and the front bogey is still attached with a centered pin even if it's a bit higher than normal. As for how it runs, another member of (...) (14 years ago, 19-May-10, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.904)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) After we cleaned the tracks with steel wool, disassembled them, transported them to the road show and reassembled them, the coupler magnets still picked up a copious amount of steel wool fibers. I certainly wouldn't want to get *that* stuff (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.903)

  Re: Train Questions

"Poultron" <awood@iinet.net.au> wrote in message news:GIJryH.FCM@lugnet.com... (...) Bit of a confusing in your questioning I think. Some answers 1. No. Lego do not make any monorail at present. As it is also quite desirable by many folks, expect (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.901)

More:  Next Page >>