 Harry Potter / 799
Re: HP Hogwarts Express and normal 9V trains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 06:17:04 GMT

I built the train 3 days ago and I was pretty puzzled about the whole • internal
spring thing as well.  I tried and tried and I couldn't get it to eject • the
treasure chest either.  I was also wondering why they put hinges along the
entire side of the boiler.  I know its so that the whole thing opens up, • but
why would you want to open it?  I can't picture them hiding chests inside • of a
train boiler in the movie, and it certainly didn't happen in the books. • Must
be a "value added feature."  :-)

Katie

I'm thinking it's probably because the set had to do *something* to ahve
some play value, and this is the best that they could come up with.

I think they should have just made it a real train!  What better way to get
kids hooked into trains!

Troy