 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 481 – 500 of about 8700.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  The Royal Train - Controls

James, Thanks! This may take a while but I'll get some close-ups of the controls and mechanisms the next time I do a shoot. Everything is 9v with 4.5 wiring (boy did I get a deal when Dacta cleared-out 4.5v stuff) Turnouts are controlled by (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

9v, trains
(score: 2.589)

  What's "a car" & what's a "digital picture"? (was:Re: LEGO Trains on trial?)

(...) Hmm? What constitutes "a car"? 1) Would a double-stack container group with shared wheelsets be more than one "car"? 2) Is a steam locomotive with tender actually TWO "cars"? (unlikely to be viewed as two separate "cars", but can it literall (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.589)

  Re: new trains

I have pretty much put immediate Lego purchases on hold based on the notion that Lego will be releasing new train items soon. Even with some of the bargains going around right now, I would much rather have new 9v train items than a bunch of $10 (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.588)

  Re: Show report

(...) indeed: and even nosediving engines offer lots of fun (and memorable moments), after you have survived the first shock and found out nothong important is broken... (...) That's in fact planned for the next meeting. (...) Ok, that's the (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

9v, trains
(score: 2.585)

  Article from Tommorow ("Switchtrack") < Warning Speculative!!>

<WARNING This post contain sepculative ideas on new products.. It should not be regarded as fact. Hopefully TLC/TLG might listen to the ideas in it though..> " (...) Well According to the Brickshelf scans of the Fall-2002 preview catlouge, the new (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.582)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

I have distinct memories of running a 9v train motor on the DACTA capacitor at a WAMALUG meeting last spring. I don't remember the details but the train ran for quite the distance. I think this was the same meeting we were measuring train speed with (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.582)

  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

(...) Using a catenary supply, you have (effectively) 0V at the rails, and +9V..-9V overhead for forward / reverse. So +9V gives you forward. Whichever way the train is facing, it'll go forward. Two trains on the same track facing in opposite (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.582)

  Re: train tracks

(...) The curved 12v power tracks that fit in the middle of the rails will not fit on the 9v rails without a little filing. The extra sleepers on the 9v rails cause problems with some plastic bits on the bottom of the 12v 3rd rail. Also, because the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.582)

  Re: Article from Tommorow ("Switchtrack") < Warning Speculative!!>

<Warning!! This post contains speculative musings on possible new products. These are enclosed by <FUTURE></FUTURE> tags..> (...) <FUTURE> One of the 'technical' differences between Marklin's system and Lego Mindstroms that the joint design tema had (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.581)

  Re: First Trains

(...) Hmm. I tried powering my train motor off a battery box, connecting to the electric studs on the top, and it belted around the track. I guess you're using slow speed mode from the RCX? I'd be a bit worried about how much power the RCX can put (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.581)

  Re: train tracks

"Daniel Staudt" <dstaudt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3A786AE1.1081DB...ail.com... (...) Old train tracks are the same lenght but for the rest very different. One stretch of 12V track is build from two rails and three sleepers (2x8 plates (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.580)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

(...) There is no good solution, unless you want to run your train at full speed for interval period in order to charge a big capacitor at 8-9Volts, then reduce the speed of the train and let the capacitor feed the ligth. Using that method the ligth (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.580)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

(...) go (...) would (...) a (...) energy (...) The problem is not the amount of energy that the capacitor can keep, it is the voltage that it can withstand between the 2 side. You could try to put 2 capacitor in serie, that would bring you 8V (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.580)

  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

In lugnet.trains, Martin Legault writes: <snip> (...) The cap. is a nice idea, but not at all practical. I concur that a 9V battery is the way to go. SRC (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.578)

  Re: Which two customised trains should I buy?

(...) Yes, it will. (...) Yes. (...) Yes. (...) Don't Mention it. (...) The train kit contains the following boxed or bagged items: Boxed, 1 of: 3740 (small engine) or 3741 (large engine), with general sticker sheet and dual instructions. Boxed, (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

save, trains
(score: 2.578)

  First Balic Train event

Hello all! So we had the first Baltic Train Event this weekend - and I should be sleeping by now :-) There we only my trains :-( but still turned quite well out! We used the rooms of DKI, to set up the layout. Originally I wanted to set up 2 layouts (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.578)

  Re: Harry P. Movie Trailer / Hogwarts Express Train

(...) Let me clarify. What I meant was, I hope they do a train, and I hope that it runs on 9v track. Not that it has to have track in the set with it, etc. Not every set that Lego has produced has had power pack, etc., in it. Just that it does run (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.572)

  Re: Harry P. Movie Trailer / Hogwarts Express Train

(...) I think that if lego is smart they wont do a 9v train set. If they really want to get the most sales out of it they will do it as a set that uses the train wheel pieces and such but doesnt come with track,motor etc (to keep costs down) and (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.572)

  How long will train 9v motors last?

Hi, we're preparing a museum show (our first). The trains will run on two layouts, driven by some timer & RCX. We're currently discussing how often and how long should each loco run. Are there any estimates how long will the 9v trains motor last? (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.570)

  Re: hitahita's alternative way of using the RC train

(...) Smart and clever! Spotlighted of course. But keep saving 9V trains :-) Didier (18 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 2.570)

More:  Next Page >>