 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 281 – 300 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) I'm going to say that it will depend entirely upon the kind of load you place on each motor. With a relatively light load, motors will run like champs for a long time-- all day if in a trolley, for instance. We run our Thomas trains all day (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 1.277)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) NELUG set up a (URL) large, permanent layout for the See Science Center in Manchester, NH>. The layout has a few small trolleys that are running all day long, whenever the museum is open. I've heard reports that the motors are burning out at a (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 1.277)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

"Chris Phillips" <drvegetable@comcast.net> wrote in message news:JC9n2r.94C@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) NCLTC has run 3 shows which have lasted longer than a month so we have some experience with this. In addition to wear on the motors, (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 1.277)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) Wall timers are a good simple idea - the sort with lots of little levers to turn the power on and off every fifteen minutes. I made my trains stop and start a few times every minute though. Not only does it give the motors an easy ride, it (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 1.277)

  Re: Prepare to cry: 2007 train pics

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote: ..snip.. (...) Hmm... I wonder if that would need to be notched to accept "donor" rail. (...) May well be. I was thinking that the donor rail might not seat well if the rail head profile is too wide. Anyway... (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 1.273)

  Re: How do I build a Train/Railway without Train parts

(...) Hello Have you seen any of the Brickbarons trains ? They don't use track. They are 16 wide ,works of art. He uses tiles for track. (URL) are some bricklink sellers that sell good used train motors .For as low as $10us And they may even throw (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

9v, trains
(score: 1.272)

  Missing R/C Trains on Lego.com and AFOL "Dream Train Set"

Happy Holidays Everyone, Does anyone know what is going on with the R/C trains (7898& 7897) on LEGO.com? If you do a search for trains there is no mention of the R/C trains. You can only find them if you know the correct set number or search using (...) (18 years ago, 26-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 1.272)

  Re: New Trains Gone from S&H

(...) Last Christmas all the 9v stuff was sold out/back ordered too. Chris (18 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 1.269)

  Re: New Trains Gone from S&H

(...) I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. The Holiday Train, the small steam locomotives, the train shed, and some of the 9v track packs, all of which they are selling as part of the 9v system, are sold out and accepting back-orders as well. All it (...) (18 years ago, 19-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 1.269)

  Re: New Trains Gone from S&H

(...) Hi Andrew, I would read this as: " The new battery trains sell so well, that they are sold out for now." The consumers seem to accept these way better than expected (by TLC). So say "Good bye!" to the 9V system. There is not enough room in (...) (18 years ago, 19-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 1.268)

  Re: Any 9v train update?

(...) Dean, If I understand your question correctly, you are asking, what prevents one from designing a 9V version of 7898 using LDD and ordering that one? The answer is, LDD has a limited palette of brick types and colors. The 7898 set uses a (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 1.267)

  Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278

Hello Tim and all, (...) As I told you quite a while ago, I build your model. Of course some adaptations were necessary with my parts stock. I put two 9V motors under the locomotive, 1x1x2/3 red slope were lacking, so I replaced by 1x1 red tiles on (...) (18 years ago, 9-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 1.263)

  Re: Newbie question about old lego trains

(...) Unfortunately not. If you have this system (blue or gray plastic rails with a center brick with two conducting rails) (URL) the transformer, which is 9v instead of 12v, that you are talking about will not work without some modifications, and (...) (18 years ago, 20-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 1.259)

  CAD sketches of Swedish and one Danish train

Hello! I've not been doing any Lego-building or -CADding for a very long time now, and I've come to realize that I probably won't be doing it for a long time to come either. So finally I decided to post a couple of half-finished CAD sketches of (...) (18 years ago, 24-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

9v, trains
(score: 1.259)

  Re: Lego Train Factory - "preliminary wagon design"

(...) Okay, thinking about this some more: The discussion on this has already mentioned that the sensor is part of the baseplate. Therefore it makes sense to include the battery box whilst you're re-designing the baseplate. My guess is that's what (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

save, 9v
(score: 1.248)

  Re: Pictures from GWLTS-IV (Swindon, UK)

(...) In front of the coaling stage is a remote-controlled passing loop with signals. I was using that to trap and release a second train (like Percy or the Rocket) on the line, though you can't always do that when some of the bigger trains are (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 1.247)

  Train motors half price via S@H weekly special

For what it is worth, this week's weekly special at S@H has #5300, the 9V train motor, at $12.50 instead of the usual $25. The website says they are sold out, so maybe they are; I didn't call. Further adding to the uncertainty, the website says to (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

save, 9v
(score: 1.242)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

I agree with much of the other commentary, but just would like to toss in a few points: (...) But bargains can be found. (...) But 9v wheels work just fine (my 8 car 7740 runs quite nicely with 9v wheels on the passenger cars). (...) And wiping off (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

save, 9v, trains
(score: 1.241)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

Thanks everyone for replying with such great info and ideas. I'm a list person, so here's a list of some of what I've learned: - Best not to leave anything really fragile or difficult to rebuild out during the week when the museum staff will be (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

save, trains
(score: 1.232)

  LDD to LDRAW Conversion Fixes

I've been tinkering with the "ldraw.xml" file in LEGO Digital Designer (LDD), and have come up with the following list of fixes for good LDD/LDRAW conversion. In case you hadn't already discovered, if you append ".ldr" to the end of the file name (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build) !!

save, trains
(score: 1.225)

More:  Next Page >>