 Trains / 8286
Re: New Gondola and a Commuter Rail station
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:33:22 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote in message ...
Both of these will be debuted at the Willmington Massachusetts Greenburg • show
December 2nd and 3rd.  For those that havn't seen it yet you can see our • layout
in progress here.

http://www.nelug.org/layout/

eRIC, i WAS WONDERING SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR LAYOUT PLAN (ESPECIALLY AFTER OUR
RECENT vlc "FIRST SHOW" EXPERIENCE):
(oops caps lock!)

Are your tables 4 baseplate by 4 baseplates? Is this a variation on the
PNLTC standard tables, or have you developed your own?

That's an awfully small hole in the middle :-) Do you plan to have most of
your club members outside?

Looks like you are color-coding areas of the layout for specific people to
take responsibility for... is that correct? Good idea! How are you planning
to transport monolithic areas like your main street? (I had an interesting
time transporting a 2' 6" x 4' chunk of scenery for our layout! it was a
PITA). Or do they separate out into smaller areas?

You only have 2 small "storage" sidings. We found we needed quite a lot of
"storage" track to display stock not currently running - we had far more
than we expected when everyone brought all they had. We had about 5 times
the siding space you have on the layout and we didn't have enough.

We covered ALL or table space with baseplates (we had a smaller layout
overall, 16' x 6') which looked good but had its drawbacks. Are you going to
use cloth, paint, or baseplates?

I don't know if you plan a "dry run" setup rehearsal before the show: we had
one, and it was very worthwhile.

Best of luck!

Kevin
Vancouver Lego Club