 Trains / 6785
Re: Help with train show setup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 20:25:34 GMT

1)  Skirt for tables (BTW, I have copied the PNLTC tables), what is being
used? I heard somewhere that some places required it be fire retardant.

I now us a roll of LEGO printed cardboard I got from a LEGO rep.

2)  Do you have/need plexiglass on the outside of the layout?  What kind, what
height?  Is it mostly to catch derailings, or does it help prevent little (or
big) hands from touching YOUR Lego!

3)  Rope barrier, are these always used, are they useful, are they in addition
to the plexiglass?  What height, any suggestions for construction?

I don't use plexiglass or rope. I use expanding trellis attached to posts
set in concrete in plastic flower pots. I have it about 1 metre away from
the display. It allows me to walk between the display and crowd so I
can talk to them. Also I can pick up models from the layout and show
the crowd the interior details.

Check out my "Town News" section of my web site for photos.

Allan J Smith

--
My LEGO creations site "Allanton NZ" is at
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~allanj/