 Trains / 6779
Re: Help with train show setup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 04:14:02 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Michel Magnan writes:
Hello seasoned Lego train fans.
In preparation for Northern Alberta LUGs first public train show on September
23 and 24, I was wondering if you could give me some advice on the following.

1)  Skirt for tables (BTW, I have copied the PNLTC tables), what is being
used? I heard somewhere that some places required it be fire retardant.

Down here in Florida, we used the cheapest fabric we can find (WalMart $1
Yard). Non of the shows we do require us to use fire retardant skirts.

2)  Do you have/need plexiglass on the outside of the layout?  What kind, what
height?  Is it mostly to catch derailings, or does it help prevent little (or
big) hands from touching YOUR Lego!

We use 30 inch high plexiglass and we don’t stop there we put a roof on top
and a wall in the back. No one can touch anything (just us from the back), in
fact we can walk around and talk to the visitor with out watching everyone
like a hawk.

For picture see http://members.xoom.com/gfltc and pick on the gray
tab "SPEC/INFO". Also chech out the yellow tab "GALLERY" to see the layout at
shows.

3)  Rope barrier, are these always used, are they useful, are they in addition
to the plexiglass?  What height, any suggestions for construction?

We don’t use rope barrier.

Good Luck with your layout!
Build on...
Robin W.