 Trains / 4628
Re: Model of MATRA VAL System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 01:50:35 GMT

Jean-marc Détraz wrote in message ...

I've been in La Ronde (I lived 9 yrs in Québec) and it is really
worth it, This is the world's largest wooden roller coaster and
I had a real good time. Some others crazy coasters made me sick...
Enjoy also the Metro, this is the best one I've ever took.

JM

"Le Monstre" is not the world's largest wooden coaster - it is the world's
largest Wooden Racing (duel-tracked) coaster. The largest wooden coaster is
either the Texas Giant at SixFlags over Texas, or The Rattler, at SixFlags
Fiesta Texas - I can't remember which one of those two is it.

This sounds weird - but can you tell me about the doors? When they close, do
they close uniformly? Or like, do they close FAST then decelerate as they
meet? I'm obsessed with door closing routines. Is there a chime? Or a
flashing light, or warning or anything to tell when the doors are closing? I
*DIED* on the Walt Disney Monorail (MK VI by Bombardier) in 1994 when I
heard the two-tone chime before the doors close. I can hear it in my head
right now.

    Iain
--
tokama       http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr