 Trains / 4584
4583  |  4585
Subject:
Model of MATRA VAL System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 00:44:12 GMT

Hello,

(This is the first time posting to lugnet.trains!)

I havn't really done anything with trains for *years*. It's all been
robotics and amusement rides... but my passion for trains (more
specifically, unorthidox mass transit) didn't die off.

My first "realistic" model in a long while is of MATRA's VAL system. Vehicle
Automatique Legre (excuse the butchered french!) runs in a few french cities
(Lille, Toulouse), and it looks like an incredible system. It all runs on
rubber tyres on concrete guideways, similar to Montreal's metro (although on
a much smaller scale, in this case).

I've created a simple video to show the thing in action, running between the
three stations on my line, Metro Centre, South Grove, and Alsthom.

http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/temp/metro.avi

Remember this is my first train project! Please be light on me (^:

    Iain
--
tokama       http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr
ICQ UIN      5362826