 Trains / 4592
Re: Model of MATRA VAL System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 06:41:59 GMT

Iain-

Nice 8 wide{:^D  Welcome to the club;-)

-John

Rebel Transcanner wrote:

Christopher Masi wrote in message
<38C0A09A.6D56A7EA@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu>...

Those trucks have a very different way of steering the truck through a
curve. Nice idea.

Chris

I probably should have elaborated a little more in my original post. The
intent was to build a rubber-tyred vehicle which could run on the standard
LEGO 4.5v rails. The bogies aren't really pivoting any differently than the
long chassis like you'd find on the Metroliner, except here I've got four
guide wheels located at either end of the bogie, pressing laterally against
the inner surface of the inverted T rail. It has really been a fun project!

    Iain
--
tokama       http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr
ICQ UIN      5362826