 Trains / 4497
Re: Searchlight car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 14:56:21 GMT

Tom Stangl wrote:

Interesting car, I'll probably build one for my freight train, since it
will be so simple to do...

Coincidentely, at the GATS show this weekend, a son(~10-11years old) of
somebody in another club brought some of his LEGO trains to show us.  One
of them was a searchlight car.  I think he modeled it after a lionel car
that had
a searchlight and a small caboose like structure on it.  The best thing
was that he built it on a Metroliner plate.

We have pictures of his stuff somewhere, although I haven't found them yet.
He also built a modified metroliner engine and some other stuff.  We let
him
sit at the throttle for a while and run his trains.  He was telling us all
about the things he wanted to build with LEGO and how he tried to
intergrate mindstorms into his trains.  His dad told me the next day that
he talked
about us all night and wants to tear down his HO layout to build a
LEGO one.

-Chris