 Trains / 4445
Re: Searchlight car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 22:30:27 GMT

Nick Goetz wrote:

Forgive my ignorance on this one, What is it for? I understand it could be a
simple freight item but from what I believe it is to be used as a working
light. Why would you want a working search light in the middle of you train?

One word: Wrecks.

Two words: Construction Sites.

Frank probably beat me to it as I've been moving all day... think about
when and where you need light, and why you might not have it, and the
need for a searchlight car becomes apparent. Now, it's kind of a
gimmicky car, no one uses them any more, as you do not need a whole car
for one light, we've learned how to make things more compact.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!