 Trains / 439
Speculation: Monorail, Disney, Past Coincidence?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 00:53:08 GMT

This certainly isn't breaking news.
But, it may be relevent in some strange way, as a recent post has mentioned
the sincere speculation regarding communication with four LEGO employees
distributing and shelving LEGO sets with regard to monorails and Disney.

I'll relay my own Disney and Monorail incident. You draw your own speculations
and conclusions.

After I announced my three car monorail and the accompanying monorail bubble
transit station to RTL several months ago, I believe someone may have mentioned
something about Disney and my monorail; something along the lines of "Where's
that Disney-like monorail some guy made?".

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopage.html

I maintain a single Web page access counter for only my front-end LEGO-related
web page.

Sometime soon after the RTL reference included the word "Disney", my LEGO
-related web page took a 'hit'... from someone at 'Disney.com'.   I don't have
the means to know whether 'Disney.com' ventured anywhere else within the pages
of my website, or not.  A few days later...another 'hit' from 'disney.com'.
And, again, a 'hit' from 'disney.com'.

I haven't noticed any record of 'disney.com' accessing my LEGO-related page
within recent months.  However, I found it interesting that someone at
'disney.com' may have been keen to RTL, and that, maybe, someone at Disney may
have taken a look at my three car monorail.

Maybe someone at 'disney.com' was/is simply interested in LEGO in general?
Maybe they routed it out through RTL?
Maybe someone at 'disney.com' is working with the LEGO Group and was checking
out fan-created LEGO web sites?
Maybe ...?

Anyway, I've not be contacted by anyone affiliated with Disney.  But, I believe
that someone within the Disney company stopped by and, for some reason, had at
least a 'look-see'.

Monorails? Disney?  Speculation and anxious anticipation abound.
As always, I look eagerly forward to new offerings from the LEGO Group.
However, never have I done so this soon within any given year.  My gosh, the
1999 sets have only just arrived!

Build well. Play well.
later,
James