 Trains / 456
Re: Speculation: Monorail, Disney, Past Coincidence?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:15:59 GMT

<delurk>
Well they are making Winnie the Pooh Duplo this year.

Thanx,

Brian Korn
<relurk>

Terry Keller writes:
On Sat, 16 Jan 1999 00:53:08 GMT, "James Mathis" <jmathis@arctic.nmt.edu>
wrote:

<snipped>
Maybe someone at 'disney.com' was/is simply interested in LEGO in general?
Maybe they routed it out through RTL?
Maybe someone at 'disney.com' is working with the LEGO Group and was checking
out fan-created LEGO web sites?
Maybe ...?

Anyway, I've not be contacted by anyone affiliated with Disney.  But, I • believe
that someone within the Disney company stopped by and, for some reason, had • at
least a 'look-see'.

Monorails? Disney?  Speculation and anxious anticipation abound.
As always, I look eagerly forward to new offerings from the LEGO Group.
However, never have I done so this soon within any given year.  My gosh, the
1999 sets have only just arrived!

It is interesting.  Another possible explanation would be that Disney zealousy
guards it's trademarks and, upon learning of a "Disney-like Monorail", decided
to investigate further. (1)
It would not surprise me to learn that Disney (or any other trademark
protective company) has people working full time that monitor and investigate • a
wide range of information sources.  It would surprise me if they didn't.

-- Terry K --
1. I wonder if they took notice of that page where someone had built a large
Mickey Mouse?  Is that page still up somewhere?