 Trains / 460
Re: Speculation: Monorail, Disney, Past Coincidence?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 07:17:55 GMT

I respectfully disagree for these reasons.  First of all, one can hardly call an idea
such as "motor with 6 large wheels" or "gentler curved rails"  original.  These are
the kinds of things I'm talking about.  Also, I point to Matt's scratch built
crossover track  as further evidence that this isn't a major concern.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/train_depot/cross.htm .  This did not
prevent TLG from introducing their own version later this year.  In fact, he may have
instigated it:)  What I'm saying is that if we all agree on certain "wants", we will
be making TLG's Marketing Dept.'s (if such a dept. exists) job a cakewalk because
they will KNOW what their customers want, not what they MIGHT want.  I don't know
about you, but I don't want or like their new train sets for '99, except for the new
(if any) unique train pieces in them. Sorry for the soap boxing.