 Trains / 3870
3869  |  3871
Subject:
New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:30:37 GMT

Not really new ideas at all.

All copied from other work.  Especially the turning of the thinwall windows by
90 degrees!

I just got an idea to remove any spacing gaps in at the right angle endpoint
connections.  Maybe this is old news?

I used the 1x3x2 trans light blue thinwall windows from the new passenger train
set.

See:
http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopicts/windowsonsidecopy/windowsonsidecopy.jp

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopicts/windowsonsidecopy/windowsonside2copy.j
pg

Also did a first attempt at 1x3x2 trans light blue narrow (European old
fashion) window treatment on a green passenger car.

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopicts/greenpasscar/green_passcar_v1.jpg

I this isn't much, plus, it's a copy of the great Japanese High speed train
modeler Masayuki Ogura's

http://www2.justnet.ne.jp/~mogura/nyantalegotrain.htm

I think I've seen this side window treatment on a someone's locomotive, as
well.  I think whoever employed this idea used a 1x3x2 black train-frame window
on its side for the side window on the locomotive cab.  Who's the modeller.
Sorry, I can't remember.

later,
James Mathis