 Trains / 3888
Re: New Train Window Ideas (old and copied)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:35:11 GMT

For a right angle element, just use the 1x1 technic beam with a 1.2l
technic pin with stud end. That one works fine and there are no
mismatched lengths to worry about and no weird shapes on the back of it
to worry about either.

1x1 brick with side stud also works fine if you turn it on its side with
a plate underneath, but that one, you need to hide in the interior
somewhere as the back end looks funny in a wall surface.

That's a good idea to use the 1x1 technic beam with a 1.21 techinic pin with
stud end.  I wonder if connecting with only one stud at either end would give
the wall of windows to much freedom to rotate?  Probably no problem since the
wall of windows is "sandwiched" in between the framework of bricks.

Hmm.  I can see how the 1x1 technic beam works at one end of the wall of
windows, but I wonder how to use this 1x1 technic beam at the other end of the
wall of windows?  Would you need to put the technic beam one row to the inside
of the train car to get the hollow to receive the stud on the 90 degree rotated
window?

later,
James Mathis