 Trains / 31483 (-20)
  Re: WTB: LEGO Holiday Train 10173

(...) Rob, I still had two sets (1 opened + 1 sealed) till fall last year. I got them in a sale for 50 Eur (aka. 50% off). I sold them for a small fortune and realized by high interest, that I could have even asked much higher prices than I actually (...) (13 years ago, 22-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains)

  WTB: LEGO Holiday Train 10173

Looking for a holiday train to go around my tree. Can be open/used. I realize the set is discontinued but I don't want to spend a fortune either. Thanks! Rob (13 years ago, 21-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's your favorite locomotive?

(...) Found them! (URL) (13 years ago, 14-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Ben's town Re: 2012 Train sets? // Wishlist

(...) No need to worry Tim! I heard the compliments out of your words (mixed up with a little irony, which has been deserved after my statement on having problems with leaving baseplated away). I had not the intention to sound harsh either. Humor, (...) (13 years ago, 11-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's town Re: 2012 Train sets? // Wishlist

(...) I'm not sure the wording there made that sound like the compliment it was intended to be. But it was intended to be a statement on your high skills :) (...) Great to hear. I'll look forward to the next round of pictures. Tim (13 years ago, 10-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's town Re: 2012 Train sets? // Wishlist

(...) Sure, Tim. But thanks for the help though... ;-) (...) The winter will be long.... The focus is first on a new track layout next to the roundhouse and will next be on the naked walls around the village (plenty of space for imitation of (...) (13 years ago, 10-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's town Re: 2012 Train sets? // Wishlist

(...) You could build a 2x rim underneath the walls (thus keeping the design much the same) and use the tiles under that. As a man whose 8 year old trains still set the standards I think you can manage it ;) (...) Excellent. (...) I think that would (...) (13 years ago, 10-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's town Re: 2012 Train sets? // Wishlist

(...) Tim, you are so right with your observation. The village layout appears to be quite static with all buildings erected in right angles. However I have found no satisfying way to integrate Houses on baseplates in odd angles. This ended in very (...) (13 years ago, 10-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Ben's town Re: 2012 Train sets? // Wishlist

(...) If I might offer some criticism: the green 'hill' baseplate seems out of place to me, and it would be nice to see more of the buildings at a slight angle (like your genius rock one). That aside I love the feel of the whole thing. Tim (13 years ago, 9-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2012 Train sets? // Wishlist

--snip-- (...) x-posted to .technic I thought this was possible with the existing protocol. I didn't really understand the details but I thought the existing protocol allowed for a full 16 channels of which only eight were used presently. And I (...) (13 years ago, 9-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2012 Train sets? // Wishlist

(...) I have not heard any rumors on 2012 products. But LEGO has supplied us with a huge amount of trains recently (and two of them aiming definitely at AFOLs!). So I have to agree with Tim, that we can not expect too much in 2012. Including the (...) (13 years ago, 9-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2012 Train sets?

(...) No word I know of. I'd guess it's pretty unlikely we'll get anything given we've had something like 5 trains in the past three years. That said the best train news for me would be the appearance of a PFS micromotor. Tim (13 years ago, 8-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains)

  2012 Train sets?

Any word on LEGO train things for 2012? (13 years ago, 8-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's your favorite locomotive?

(...) A very good idea... take the power out of the A's trucks and replace the current B unit I have with a pair of new ones with XL motors... worth exploring! (13 years ago, 3-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's your favorite locomotive?

(...) Oh, there are so many fantastic locomotives and great paint jobs (I love the color explosion that came with the streamliners). Heck, I even like the chunky F40. Probably my favorite is the E5, the last of the one-off E units. Shiny chrome, (...) (13 years ago, 3-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's your favorite locomotive?

(...) Might be a good candidate for exploring PF. I'll vouch for Tony when he said the XL motors can pull a Buick. You could make a B unit and wouldn't even have to change anything in the consist. Benn (13 years ago, 3-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Problem with 7898 locomotive, turning off automatically

(...) ... (...) That would be my guess, all of the recent IR stuff seems to have these (e.g., the PF receiver, even the (URL) NXT motors> and PF motors). Further, it sounds like the fuse has gone bad if he can't run it and the motor runs fine on (...) (13 years ago, 3-Nov-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: What's your favorite locomotive?

(...) I have two favorite locomotives. The first one is Maryland & Pennsylvania #6. A classic 4-4-0 on what is one of the best little shortline railroads ever. #6 served the Ma & Pa for over 50 years and was one of the last 4-4-0s operating in the (...) (13 years ago, 30-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Problem with 7898 locomotive, turning off automatically

(...) Could it be a power source problem? Rechargeable batteries verses throw-away one? Wonder if there is a resetable fuse in the power box for when the motor draws more current than the circuit can handle. On a straight level track, the motor can (...) (13 years ago, 29-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Problem with 7898 locomotive, turning off automatically

I was exhibiting lego trains at a recent model train exhibition. A member of public came up to me with his 7898 locomotive. The problem is that the locomotive keeps on turning off automatically when it gets under load, such as going round corners, (...) (13 years ago, 29-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact