 Trains / 31469
Re: What's your favorite locomotive?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2011 02:52:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix wrote:
What's your favorite locomotive and livery, and have you made a LEGO version?

Oh, there are so many fantastic locomotives and great paint jobs (I love the
color explosion that came with the streamliners). Heck, I even like the chunky
F40. Probably my favorite is the E5, the last of the one-off E units. Shiny
chrome, with fluting to match the Budd built cars behind, they even wore
skirting over their trucks at first. I built one, but some day I'm going to go
back and build it better.

As for my favorite Lego build, that is a draw between my NW J and SP Pacific. I
think the former did a fantastic job overcoming the technical challenges of
building lego steam, while the later is detailed to the hilt.