 Trains / 31467
Re: Problem with 7898 locomotive, turning off automatically
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2011 02:36:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Wayne Jackson wrote:
   On 29/10/2011 17:39, Frances Schroeter wrote:
   I was exhibiting lego trains at a recent model train exhibition. A member of public came up to me with his 7898 locomotive. The problem is that the locomotive keeps on turning off automatically when it gets under load, such as going round corners, and when you press the remote control more than the 7 times to get the seven speeds. I have checked the motor and it works fine without any problems when I use it with my 7898 locomotive, same goes for the wiring and for the remote control. The problem seems to be in the battery box part, where there must also be the receiver for the remote. Hope this all makes sense. My question is, does anyone have any ideas if this is fixable, and how?

   Wonder if there is a resetable fuse in the power box for when the motor draws more current than the circuit can handle.

That would be my guess, all of the recent IR stuff seems to have these (e.g., the PF receiver, even the NXT motors and PF motors). Further, it sounds like the fuse has gone bad if he can’t run it and the motor runs fine on your receiver.