 Trains / 31483
Re: WTB: LEGO Holiday Train 10173
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2011 07:48:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix wrote:
Looking for a holiday train to go around my tree.  Can be open/used.  I realize
the set is discontinued but I don't want to spend a fortune either.

Thanks!
Rob

Rob,

I still had two sets (1 opened + 1 sealed) till fall last year. I got them in a
sale for 50 Eur (aka. 50% off).
I sold them for a small fortune and realized by high interest, that I could have
even asked much higher prices than I actually did.

I can not imagine, that you will get one for less than a fortune unless someone
wants to give you a kind of gift.

That train is so primitive: why don't you make up your own train in christmas
style? Use red+white, some wrapped gifts and add some plant parts in green. MOCs
are better than sets anyway.

Nevertheless good luck and happy Christmas time (only 4 weeks to go)!

Ben