 Trains / 31474
Re: 2012 Train sets? // Wishlist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2011 23:00:10 GMT

--snip--

What I would like to see most urgently is a slight software protocol
modification for IR receiver and remote control for giving us 8 extra channels.
I could imagine to mark both items as different by releasing them in a different
housing color then. This should not be to costly for TLC, if they released that
in any new technic set.
This would allow to control more different trains and sidetrack items
independently. I am running out of channels right now, although I am on my own.

Even better would be, if an expert could open the equipment and re-adjust them
to be unique. No third party could take over the control on running equipment at
any time (most critical at public shows).
Has anyone ever done this or heard about someone doing this?

Leg Godt!

Ben

x-posted to .technic

I thought this was possible with the existing protocol. I didn't really
understand the details but I thought the existing protocol allowed for a full 16
channels of which only eight were used presently.

And I thought you could get to them by sending the right IR pulses. Maybe
someone who can understand the protocol .pdf could explain in lay terms.

Tim