 Trains / 30495
Re: Hobby Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 04:49:01 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Elroy Davis wrote:
-snip-
I'm looking forward to the new PF trains, though I'm still trying to wrap my
brain around how I'm going to be able to fit all of the components into the
locomotive size I currently build.  I really don't want my RS3 to have to always
pull the same car behind it in order to include the battery box, which likely
won't fit inside the RS3's 4-wide body, but I don't see another solution.

Unless I move to 8-wide trains, of course, which I'm actually starting to do,
somewhat because of this change.

-Elroy

As someone in an 8-wide train club, our biggest concern is whether the PF trains
will have enough power to pull our heavy trains.

We've got our fingers crossed that the new motors / remotes / batteries will
work for us, but we're also stocking up on the now discontinued 9volt parts
while we can still get them.

JohnG, GMLTC

This is one of the reasons I would have preferred for TLG to continue producing
the 9volt system until at least there was a 'working' PF system.  Our club
continues doing train displays including this Sunday and the next two Sundays.
We do our best to give a great display and it is very discouraging to say that
all the trains, including track are discontinued.

We seen the looks we are given as people turn away, less interested.  IF the new
PF system uses the same track dimensions, then TLG should at least still have
been making cars for both Passenger and cargo trains.  IF the track is
compatable to the Battery system, again we should have been getting new cars to
add to or vary the Battery system layouts.

I too will hold my judgement on the new system, until I hear or see if it meets
the test as a replacement for the 9volt system...

My 2¢ worth,

-- Don        GtwLUG     St. Louis