 Trains / 29754
Re: Sava Railways' #982 "Lady" (with Big Ben's Medium Drivers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 23:38:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Anthony Sava wrote:
   I haven’t decided what my next loco will be (aside from it being steam, of course). Currently I’m torn between a 6 or 7 wide version of the Blue Mountain & Reading #425 pacific class (4-6-2), which would be a very similar build to my TSRR #500 but making use of the new blue BBB wheels, or a dark bley, 8-wide version of the PRR T-1 duplex locomotives (4-4-4-4).

Tough choice. #425 is a nice Loco and dark blue steam would rock.

The Pennsy T-1 Duplex is just awesome and is on my build list.

A note on color though. All T-1s were painted standard Pennsy Dark Green Locomotive Enamel (Brunswick Green) which was effectively black with a green tint. The gray color that T-1s exhibit in many photos is from accumulated dirt and grime. The T-1 came very late in the steam era and didn’t always get the maintenance attention it deserved.

Pennsy equipment colors

Cale