 Trains / 29749
Re: Sava Railways' #982 "Lady" (with Big Ben's Medium Drivers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:46:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Shawn Gibson wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Anthony Sava wrote:
   I was fortunate enough to recently get my hands on Big Ben Bricks new Medium Drivers, so I set out to build a Ten Wheeler based off of the Grapevine Railroad’s “Puffy”. “Lady” is fully track ready, easily negotiating turns and points with working pistons.

Wow ‘Lady’ looks great Tony. As I work in Grapevine (right next to tracks too) I see Ol’ Puffy almost daily and ‘Lady’ is a wonderful tribute to her. You really did her justice. Simply great!!!

Thanks much! Coming from someone who’s seen the original I consider that high praise. I wish I could have seen Puffy in person, and if I ever do I may revise Lady. Pictures of Puffy are somewhat hard to come by, especially of her right in front of the cab.

It makes me wonder if Lady will be recognized as a tribute to those who’ve seen Puffy when I run her at future TexLUG and NETLTC shows in North Texas.

Thanks for the reply!

--Tony