 Trains / 29753
Re: Take a Ride on the Reading ( 0-6-0T Reading Switcher using Big Ben Bricks New Medium Drivers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 23:07:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Anthony Sava wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Cale Leiphart wrote:

Reading B4a class 0-6-0T Steam Switcher #1251

   I just wanted to add a ‘me too’ to your steamer. I really can’t add anything that hasn’t already been said or addressed. I agree that the tank shroud around the boiler could be more smooth, but the aforementioned cheese slope additions should go very far towards that. I really admire the attention to detail you’ve put into it, I don’t usually go so far, myself.

I’ve never seriously considered building a tank engine, mainly because all of my designs rely on the tender to provide a place to mount the motor, and I really don’t like the idea of a powered piece of rolling stock (since it basically means it’s now a dedicated tender with little use away from the engine). Maybe the new train system will solve that for me.

Anyway, great job, and great use of the new BBB wheels.

--Tony

Thanks

Since #1251 spent most of its time moving other locomotives around the Reading shops it doesn’t look to far out of place when being shoved by another powered loco.

Here is a pic with the updated tank.

New

Old

And a cab shot for Ben